Now I bet you’re wondering the recipe for the delectable chocolate cupcakes that is on the header of this site. Well have no fear, I have it right here!
Those delicious looking cupcakes are actually created by Des of http://www.lifesambrosia.com. A girl who takes passion in what she does.
I decided to blog about this, as they were just too good to resist and that was just by looking at it. Upon making it, they turned out really good. However, I decided to modify this recipe by putting a chocolate cream cheese filling as I just adore chocolate. Also instead of using vegetable oil since I am a “healthy” person, I decided to use butter. Butter always makes things taste yummier. In the end I served it with a couple of raspberries too and upon my first bite, I couldn’t resist to take another and next thing you know they were gone.
Those cupcakes sure made my day.
Here is the recipes for my modified version of the cupcake. You can also check out http://www.lifesambrosia.com/2010/02/dark-chocolate-raspberry-cupcakes-recipe.html for the original recipe with the raspberry filling.
Makes about 12 cupcakes
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- Sift together cocoa powder, flour and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk together sugar,eggs,vanilla, milk and melted butter(make sure the butter is in room temperature when you combine it with the egg cause you don’t want it cooking the egg while mixing it.) Slowly mix in the flour mixture into the sugar mixture.
- For the chocolate filling: in a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese,sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- Fill the cupcake liners 1/2 full of the cupcake batter and then add a dollop of the chocolate filling. Bake in the preheated oven for about 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes in the cupcake tins. Transfer to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- For the frosting: Use a handheld mixer to cream together the butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. Add 1 Tbsp of milk if it’s dry. Keep adding if desired.
- Spoon into a piping bag or use a zip lock back a cut a slit on one of the corners. Frost the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of the finish product to add a sense of sophistication.